W H A T : Beginner and intermediate digital camera (DSLR) classes designed to help hobbyist photographers take better photos with ease!
W H Y : Photography can and should be fun - but it is not something you are born knowing how to do! Most of the people I know who own DSLR cameras were initially excited when purchasing their cameras, but were soon left feeling frustrated when they realized they have no idea how to use the camera they just bought. Why are there so many buttons, and what do they do? The owners manual is NOT a tutorial in photography, it's simply a reference. My passion for photography stems from the desire to preserve the legacy of my clients. While I am hired for "the big" things in life, I want everyone to be able to capture ALL the special little moments along the way. And that's where our classes come in...
THIS CLASS IS FOR YOU IF:
- You have a DSLR camera that you are not 100% comfortable using
- Your excitement about photography has turned to frustration
- Your photos don't look how you want them to, and you have no idea why
- You're stuck in the AUTO setting, which doesn't always work how you expect
- You love taking photos, and want to improve your skills
- You know the basics of how to use your camera, but you want to take more interesting photos
- You take great photos but you want to learn how to edit them (Level 2)
- You want to learn how to shoot with more advanced lighting (Level 2)
(E V E N I F ) :
- You have zero previous training
- It's still new in the box
- Your digital camera is 10 years old
- The extent of your knowledge is that the lens faces out when you take a photo :)
D E T A I L S :
Meet weekly for 4 consecutive weeks
1.5hrs instruction per lesson (6 total)
Each session is limited to 10 students
Learn with camera in hand - group and individual exercises
Private Facebook Group access for sharing and support
Homework assigned to practice your new skills reviewed weekly
Friendly learning environment where questions are encouraged
$200 tuition, paid by card at registration (below)
L E V E L 1
• Best practices for camera care and use
• Overview of the mechanics of how your camera works
• Learn how to stop shooting in AUTO / use other shooting modes
• Lighting basics | Identify different types and how to shoot in them
• Composition & Lens Choice | Learn to make interesting photos
• Perfect for beginners or hobbyists who want a solid understanding of how their camera works!
L E V E L 2
• Create advanced lighting scenarios and tricks
• Posing basics | Help your friends, families and subjects look better in your photos
• Hands-on On-location training
• Learn how to choose your best photos
• Photo Critiques
" G R A D U A T E " S T U D E N T W O R K :
T E S T I M O N I A L S :
"Level 1 was a relaxed learning environment and we never felt as though Natalie was rushing to get through the session. She took an interest and allowed plenty of time for interactive questions throughout the various sessions. A checklist and guide was provided which helped greatly outside of class. The "lighting" section was interesting, understandable and so helpful. As one of only two males in the class, we were both made to feel very comfortable and a part of the entire learning process."
"I have some minor photography training from back in the day but it's been so long since I've picked up a camera I forgot the basics. This class helped get me back up to speed and taught me some great new tricks. The hands on experience with Natalie and crew was great. I took one of my favorite photos of my daughter and it was properly exposed without needing Photoshop. I couldn't ask for a better result than that!!"
"I feel much more confident using my new camera and I know you taught me way more than I would have ever learned on my own. Settings - lighting - terminology - it was all very helpful! Thank you!"
"Love knowing how to use my Aperture Priority setting and what all my special features are meant to do. I no longer feel intimidated! I so appreciate your ways of relating to what we are trying to do with your analogies."
C U R R E N T S E S S I O N
Wednesday Nights 5:30 - 7:00pm : April 18, April 25, May 2, May 9
A receipt of your tuition will be sent to your provided email address, confirming your enrollment in the session! As always, let us know if you have any questions or concerns at email@example.com :)